1. Aspada Investments has George Soros’ backing. He’s the man famous for breaking the Bank of England in 1992.
2. Aarin Capital is cofounded by T V Mohandas Pai, a former board member of Infosys.
3. Aspada Investments and Omidyar Network are some of the most active investors for 2016. Both are into “impact investing”, an area of investing targeting better social outcomes in addition to commercial gain.
4. HDFC Life, a joint venture of Standard Life and HDFC Limited, has participated in investment deal rounds amounting to over 217 million dollars by the end of 2016.
5. TracxnLabs, the investment arm of Tracxn Technologies, a satrtup mostly into data and research, was in the top 10 of those that invested in tech startups this year alone.